Almonds – 20 to 25
Carrot – 1 medium sized
Onion – 1 medium sized
Butter – 1 and ½ tbsps
Cloves – 5 to 6
White sauce – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Fresh cream – ½ cup
Salt – to taste
White pepper powder – ¼ tsp
1. Soak almond for half an hour in warm water.
2. Slice half of the almonds into fine slivers and toast in an oven or tawa until golden brown. Peel, wash and chop carrot and onion.
3. Heat butter in a pan, add cloves, onion and carrot and saute till translucent. Add the remaining half of the almonds. Stir – fry for few minutes.
4. Add one cup of water and boil for five minutes.
5. Strain and make a puree of solids (vegetables and almonds).
6. Dilute the white sauce with milk or water and mix it with the puree. Put in a pan and heat. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat, add cream and simmer for five minutes.
7. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper powder.
8. Garnish the soup with sliced toasted almonds and serve hot.