Mini Idlis 25
Capsicum cubed 1 cup (all 3 colors)
Onion 1 (cubed)
Yogurt | Curd 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup 1/2 tblsp
Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Kasoori Methi 2 pinches
Salt to taste
Oil 1-2 tbl sp
Paneer tikka is always my favorite starter, but very recently i saw Idli tikka in a local food channel when i visited Delhi last week. It sounded very interesting to me. I thought i can make this for kids as they are on vacation now. This idli tikka was an super hit among my kids and i too loved this a lot. Do try this easy kids friendly recipe at home. I made them with mini idlis. You can do this with normal idlis too.
Preparation Time : 30 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
- Put the yogurt in a tea strainer for 10 minutes. Let the water comes out from that.
- In a wide bowl add the tomato ketchup, yogurt,red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, kasoori methi and salt. As idlis and tomato ketchup has already salt in that, add little salt.
- Make mini idlis and keep. You can even do this with normal idlis. In that case you can cut them into four.
- Mix the ingredients for marination well and add the idlis, cubed capsicum and cubed onions to this. Let this marinate for 20 minutes in room temperature. - See more at:
- Wash the skewers or a tooth pick and put one idli , capsicum and onion and repeat the process.
- Heat a tawa and place the skewers on the tawa and drizzle few drops of oil on this.
- Roll the skewers to get even roasting.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the idlis.
- Serve hot .
- You can add brocolli, pineapple while marination .
- A dash of honey can also be added while marination.
- do not add more yogurt as it will make the tikka sour. Ensure that the yogurt should be not too sour.
- As idlis are already fermented sour curd will make it more sour.