Toasted Almond SoupCourse: Healthy Recipe
Almonds – 20 to 25
Carrot – 1 medium sized
Onion – 1 medium sized
Butter – 1 and ½ tbsps
Cloves – 5 to 6
White sauce – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Fresh cream – ½ cup
Salt – to taste
White pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Soak almond for half an hour in warm water.
- Slice half of the almonds into fine slivers and toast in an oven or tawa until golden brown. Peel, wash and chop carrot and onion.
- Heat butter in a pan, add cloves, onion and carrot and saute till translucent. Add the remaining half of the almonds. Stir – fry for few minutes.
- Add one cup of water and boil for five minutes.
- Strain and make a puree of solids (vegetables and almonds).
- Dilute the white sauce with milk or water and mix it with the puree. Put in a pan and heat. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat, add cream and simmer for five minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper powder.
- Garnish the soup with sliced toasted almonds and serve hot.