Spinach and Tofu Soup
Tofu – 100gms
Spinach – 1 bunch
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Garlic – 2 cloves
Vegetable stock – 3 cups
Light soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt & pepper – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
- Cut the tofu into ¼ inch thick slices and then cut them into one inch triangles.
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly under running water. Remove stems, roughly shred and keep them aside. Peel and chop ginger and garlic.
- In frying pan heat oil on high heat and sauté chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Add the tofu pieces and light soy sauce and when it comes to a boil reduce heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded spinach leaves and simmer for a minute stirring gently. Remove the scum to make clear soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.