Minestrone SoupCourse: Uncategorized
2 medium tomatoes
5-6 French beans- chopped fine
1 small carrot- chopped fine
1 medium onion- chopped fine
1 tbsp shelled peas
} 1 small potato- peeled and diced
1 tbsp broken wheat noodles or Brown Rice
4 cups clear stock
2 tbsp cabbage- shredded
2 sticks celery
4 tbsp grated cheese
2 tsp salt
A dash of pepper
- Skin the tomatoes and chop them finely.?
- Place the stock in a saucepan over fire and bring to a boil. Add the tomatoes, noodles or rice, potatoes and onions, and simmer half covered.
- When the noodles or rice and potatoes are half done, add the beans, carrots and peas.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the salt and pepper and celery. Simmer covered for about 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the cabbage into four bowls and pour the hot soup over it. Sprinkle the grated cheese and serve.