- 10 Idli
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas , frozen or fresh
- 1 Carrot , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green beans , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cabbage , shredded
- 2 Potatoes (aloo) , boiled
- Salt , as required
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Coriander leaves (Dhania) , chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Cooking oil , as required
- 2 cup Gram flour (besan)
Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe is an amazing recipe that can be made with leftover idlis. It contains different kinds of vegetables that supply enough amount of nutrients to the body. Vegetable stuffing is made and stuffed between two idlis and is dipped in a batter and fried.
Equipments Used: Kadai (Wok) / Heavy Bottomed Pan
Prep in:10 M
Cooks in: 65 M
Total in: 75 M
Makes: 5 Servings
Directions for Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe
- To begin with the Stuffed Idli ke Pakode Recipe, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds starts crackling add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
- Add all chopped vegetables except potato. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until they are cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, green chillies, black pepper powder, lime juice, boiled potato and coriander leaves. Mix well and saute it for another one minute.
- Slice each idli from the center into two halves Spread the mixture on one half and cover it with the other half.
- Do this with rest of the idlis and keep them aside. Now make a batter of medium consistency using gram flour, salt and water
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Now dip the stuffed idli one by one into batter and deep fry until golden brown and crisp. Keep them on a paper towel and cut the idlis into half and serve them.
- You can serve Stuffed Idli ke Pakodey Recipe with Dhaniya Pudina Chutney or Tomato Garlic Chutney for your tea time.